Thursday, December 2, 2010

Review: Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life - Bryan Lee O'Malley

WherI got it: My collection
Rating: 4 stars 

Cover Rating: 4 stars (It's cool)
Genre: Young Adult  
Publication Date: August 18, 2004
Publisher: Oni Press
Page Count: 168 p.

Scott Pilgrim is dating a high schooler. But when a girl named Ramona rollerblades through Scott's head while making deliveries for Amazon.ca Scott becomes obsessed. He really wants to get to know her even at the cost of losing his current girlfriend. Then he finds out that Ramona has seven evil-ex-boyfriends that Scott has to defeat in order to date her. You just have to do what you have to do.

So this was a really strange read. I mean it was really awesome but very strange too. I mean seven evil-ex-boyfriends who have superpowers? Then Scott Pilgrim has to fight them, but he's a really fantastic fighter even though he's pretty much a bum? This is a very unrealistic comic, but that doesn't make any less awesome. If you want a very strange fast read make sure you check this out and then after you finish the series you can check on the movie too. I mean who doesn't love Michael Cera?


First Line:
"Scott Pilgrim is dating a high schooler!"

Favorite Line:
"Wait...let's pretend that I didn't say obsessed."  

1 comment:

  1. I saw the movie and sort of liked it...but probably just because I am in love with Michael Cera :] I don't know if I would enjoy these, but I'm glad you liked them :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Hello readers! I love comments, so please feel free to leave them. I do comment back on every comment I get, though it may take me a couple of days. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...