Friday, October 15, 2010

Review: Crescendo - Becca Fitzpatrick

WherI got it: ARC from publisher
Rating:  3.5-4 stars 
Cover Rating: 5 stars (Very nice.)
Genre: Young Adult 
Publication Date: October 19, 2010
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Page Count: 427 p.

Nora's summer vacation should have been spent gazing into the eyes of her boyfriend/guardian angel. Instead she is taking a chemistry class and is paired up with her arch enemy as a lab partner. Patch is getting distant, and though he has excuses Nora thinks they aren't good enough. On top of this Nora has been having very weird dreams about her father's death and her enemy's father. When a newish boy moves back into town, Nora knows there is something weird about his past and is instantly intrigued. It's very dangerous business trying to snoop around though. Nora is not sure what to make of all that has been happening and with Patch always showing up mysteriously she feels that there may be a lot he's not telling her.

First off, I don't remember disliking Nora this much in the first book. I can't say that she's unrealistic, but puh-lease. She is so obsessed with Patch it gets to be a little disgusting. Like how she keeps going into greatly detailed descriptions of his "lean athletic build that even loose-fit jeans and a T-shirt couldn't conceal". Besides that though this novel was definitely something I had been waiting for. More mysterious hub-bub follows Nora around in this novel and the introduction of a new guy in town is always fun, especially when he's bad. his book seemed to wander a long slowly at times but definitely picked up in the second half. It was very interesting getting to know more about the angel inner workings and the hierarchy they follow. I can not believe how this book ended. I can not believe the next book isn't coming out until forever from now. Becca Fitzpatrick, how could you do this too me? *shakes fist at the sky* If you liked Hush, Hush don't forget to pick this up on Tuesday.

First Line:
"The fingers of the thorn-apple tree clawed at the windowpane behind Harrison Grey, and he dog-eared his page, no longer able to read through the racket."

Favorite Line:
"My mouth was all over his, chaotic and wild and starved."

3 comments:

  1. Ugh, I hate obsessive characters. Still can't wait to finally read Crescendo! I'm looking forward to finding out more about Nora's dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In fact, I have no opinion completely constructed about Nora or Vee. And what I am most looking forward to find out while reading this book is all the history behind Patch and the angels. I just can't wait to have a copy in my hands, which I hope to come true in a few weeks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read this one. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Hello readers! I love comments, so please feel free to leave them. I do comment back on every comment I get, though it may take me a couple of days. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...