Friday, April 23, 2010

Review: Party - Tom Leveen

Where I got it: ARC from Princess Bookie's Around the World Tours
Rating:  4.5 stars
Cover Rating: 4 stars (eye-catching, but missing that certain something that makes it WOW)
Genre: Young Adult
Publication Date: April 27, 2010
Publisher: Random House Books for Young Readers
Page Count: 228 p.

Eleven kids go to a party. Eleven different kids go to the same party. Eleven different kids go to the same party and have different experiences that at some point during the night become the same experience. Each person is there for their own reasons, and you're about to find out what those reasons are and how this night will play out.

I loved how this story was written, each chapter a different perspective. I enjoyed how the stories overlapped and continued so that some scenes got two different angles to describe them, but the story kept on moving. The characters all get to connect and interact, sometimes in good ways(love<3) sometimes in bad(fight-scene 0_0) ways. This story flowed so nicely even when the perspective changed. It's like the camera zoomed out on one person and rewound the scene a little on it's way to the next person than resumed. This book was very realistic, because the party wasn't completely outrageous. Everything that happened could have happened without any stretch of the imagination. It's sad, it's heartwarming, it might make you laugh or get angry but you'll enjoy it. This is definitely a book to check out; a fast, fun read.

First Line: "I'm the girl nobody knows until she commits suicide."


Favorite Line: "He leaned forward and read every letter of the scrolling captions like they were they Raider's secret playbook."

3 comments:

  1. I passed this one in my local bookstore and read a tiny bit of it. I really liked it. The only reason I didn't get it is because it was $21 and it's pretty short. :/

    Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for the review. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I signed up for this one on a tour and I'm excited to read it. I love books like this. Have you read WTF by Peter Lerangis? It's really good and is about 6 teens over the course of one night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm glad you liked it. I've been wanting to read this. Thanks for the awesome review :D

    ReplyDelete

Hello readers! I love comments, so please feel free to leave them. I do comment back on every comment I get, though it may take me a couple of days. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...