Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Review: Knocked Out By My Nunga-Nungas & Dancing in My Nuddy-Pants - Louise Rennison

Where I got it: My collection
Rating: 5 stars
Cover Rating: 3 stars (Was good for when it came out, but they have since redone the covers.)
Genre: Young Adult
Publication Date: May 14, 2002
Publisher: HarperTeen
Page Count: 183 p. (with glossary)

Georgia is back yet again in the "further, further confessions of Georgia Nicolson." Georgia must travel with her family to Och-aye Land (Scotland) where there is nothing to do but hang out at the 24-hour supermarket with the local Jock McThicks. When she finally returns she is excited about her debut as OG (Official Girlfriend). But will Georgia's Red-bottomosity get the best of her since Dave the Laugh seems to still be somewhat interested or does she only have eyes for the sex god? And what the hell are nunga-nungas!?!?! (answer:breasts)

First Line:
"Looking out my bedroom window, counting my unblessings."

Favorite Line:
"I said to Mutti, 'Why doesn't the man you live with go for a job of combination cat molester and teacher?'"

Where I got it: Library
Rating: 5 stars
Cover Rating: 3 stars (Was good for when it came out, but they have since redone the covers.)
Genre: Young Adult
Publication Date: March 4, 2003
Publisher: HarperTeen
Page Count: 214 p. (with glossary)

Here for your entertainment are the even further confessions of Georgia Nicolson. By book four you either hate Georgia or you love her hilariosity and start talking like her and thinking like her and in general being much much cooler than you were.

I think from here on out I shall only be posting The vitals and the first and my favorite line. Also I will post anything I feel is overly relevant. Point being to avoid spoilers, because even though these don't necessarily keep you on the edge of your seat they do have a slight air of Gasp! What's going to happen next? to them.

First Line:
"I've just seen a sparrow be quite literally washed off its perch on a tree."

Favorite Line:
"I will have an early night to prepare myself for heavy snogging duties."

Don't forget to enter my contest here.

3 comments:

  1. You are absolutely right.She is hilarious!But I love her of being clumsy and not perfect..She's funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Away Laughing On A Fast Camel, the fifth book, was definately my favorite. But really, they're all great. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not familiar with Louise Rennison, but now I'd like to read her books.

    ReplyDelete

Hello readers! I love comments, so please feel free to leave them. I do comment back on every comment I get, though it may take me a couple of days. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...