Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Review: Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging & On the Bright Side, I 'm Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God - Louise Rennison

Where I got it: My collection
Rating: 5 stars
Cover Rating: 3 stars (Was good for when it came out, but they have since redone the covers.)
Genre: Young Adult
Publication Date: April 26, 2000
Publisher: HarperTeen
Page Count: 247 p. (with glossary)

Georgia Nicolson is you're typical England teenager. She has issues with her appearance and wants to snog a sex god. After hooking up with a few less than savory lads, like the Whelk boy and Mark the Big Gob, she finally sets her sights on a sex god, Robbie. The only problem is Wet Lindsay, Robbie's girlfriend. Join in Georgia's misadventures of teenagedom, as she tries to overcome all the bad and make everything fabbity fab!

This book is a laugh, this whole series is a life. If you enjoy British books and laughing then you should most certainly pick this up. At some parts I laughed myself to tears. Georgia Nicolson is very ridiculous. I love the format of this book. It is written as Georgia's diary, which allows for much amusement as she narrates and can therefore continue being ridiculous. This book is such a fast read though and the glossary in the back is hilarious. So if you haven't read and/or heard of these books before now is the time to start reading them.

First Line:
"Dad and Uncle Eddie round, so naturally they had to come and see what I was up to."

Favorite Line:
"Talking of breasts, I'm worried that I may end up like the rest of the women in my family, with just the one bust, like a sort of shelf affair."

Where I got it: My collection
Rating: 5 stars
Cover Rating: 3 stars (Was good for when it came out, but they have since redone the covers.)
Genre: Young Adult
Publication Date: April 10, 2001
Publisher: HarperTeen
Page Count: 243 p. (with glossary)

Georgia is back again in this outrageous sequel to Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal snogging. This time she's got the sex god, but not for long. Robbie breaks it of with Georgia because he thinks she is too young. So Georgia has to devise a plan to show her maturiosity and irresistibly, she needs a red herring. Since when Robbie broke it off he told her she should see Dave the Laugh, Georgia figures he's the perfect person to help her win Robbie back. But can Georgia keep him as a red herring or will Dave the Laugh be too much of a good thing?

First Line:
"Staring out of my bedroom window at other people having a nice life."

Favorite Line:
"It came out of her bum-oley with such force that she lifted off my knee."

Don't forget to enter my contest here.

3 comments:

  1. I love the series!Few years back there was a movie about the series right? I love it so much and it was hilarious!And Robbie is such a hot catch."A sex-god boyfriend" was what she said. haha..nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww awesome reviews! I love this series too. They're hilarious :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really liked your website really got your point acrosss. Found it while going through google so wanted to tell you good job and you have a bookmark from me.

    ReplyDelete

Hello readers! I love comments, so please feel free to leave them. I do comment back on every comment I get, though it may take me a couple of days. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...