Friday, March 19, 2010

Review: Subrurban Glamour - Jamie McKelvie


Where I got it: My Collection
Rating: 3 stars
Cover Rating: 4.5 stars (The reason I bought it)
Genre: Young Adult/ Graphic novel
Publication Date: May 21, 2008
Publisher: Image Comics
Page Count: 104 p.

Astrid is emo. Astrid is a changeling. Astrid is sad. Astrid has imaginary friends. Astrid's imaginary friends are made real because of a place called Faerie. (If you've read The Iron King many of the same characters apply here. See: Oberon, Maeve, Titania)

It's hard to find graphic novels that cater exclusively to girls especially since the Minx comic line ended. Though to be fair there is a large amount of YA fiction that we enjoy more than boys. There were plenty of cliches in here and if you hate it when someone calls themselves emo, that is in here too. I loved the art style though very realistic in a comic book way. It was a fun story and I like how I got to revisit some of the characters from The Iron King. I just found out that there are more in this series and I will probably read those if I can get my hands on them for cheap (or free). I think if you enjoyed any of the Minx titles you'll enjoy this one too.

First Line:
"BRR BRR BRR BRR BRR BRR BRR BRR BRR BRR BRR BRR BRR"

Favorite Line:
"Bring me flesh and bring me blood."

1 comment:

Hello readers! I love comments, so please feel free to leave them. I do comment back on every comment I get, though it may take me a couple of days. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...