Friday, March 26, 2010

Review: Fade to Blue - Sean Beaudoin

Where I got it: ARC from my Collection
Rating: 3 stars
Cover Rating: 3 stars (s-alright)
Genre: Young Adult
Publication Date: August 1, 2009
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Page Count: 200 p. (includes glossary)

One day Sophie Blue's father disappeared and no one knows what happened. Sophie has since noticed a Popsicle truck with tinted windows that seems to be everywhere. Kenny Fade is a popular basketball jock. He seems to have a normal life, up until he doesn't. The only thing linking Kenny and Sophie is that they are both starting to see and hear things that aren't really there.

It says that this book keeps you guessing until the last paragraph. It does because half the time you have no idea who's who and what the heck is going on. Why then did I give it a three star rating. Well, I liked it. I probably won't recommend it to many people and probably won't read it again; but I loved it's originality. One thing I'm wondering is how the title is pronounced. In the book the character Kenny's last name is pronounced fah-day. I'm wondering if these are the same? Anyone... anyone? It was a very interesting novel, something to do with death/virtual reality/reality/things not always being what they seem/fighting "the man"(not so much this last one *shrugs*). I'd say if you had already planned on reading it go for it, but be forewarned things get a little tricky to navigate once you're inside.

First Line:
"The place was packed."

Favorite Line:
"'Yo, dude, watch it, she's got and Uzi!'"

4 comments:

  1. Wicked! Sounds like an interesting to put some attention.Thanks for the review =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm thanks for the honest review! I'm not sure about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems like an ohkay read - as your review indicate - nah, I'd pass this. The cover deterred me >.<

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL this sounds really strange.

    ReplyDelete

Hello readers! I love comments, so please feel free to leave them. I do comment back on every comment I get, though it may take me a couple of days. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...