Thursday, July 30, 2009

Review: grl2grl by: Julie Anne Peters

Where I got it: The Library
Rating: 4 stars (Great GLBT fiction.)
Cover Rating: 4 stars (very arty)
Genre: Young Adult Fiction
Publication Date: September 1, 2007
Publisher: Little, Brown Young Readers

A collection of ten short fiction by one of the best GLBT writers. Tales of love and lust, romance and heartbreak grace each of the pages. You'll hear about coming out and all the challenges that are faced by girls everyday. Read about a girl who sees herself as a "boi", a father her turns her daughter to stone through abuse and a chat room that helps girls get over their heartache.

I enjoyed these quick stories and breezed through the book. Julie Anne Peters is a truly great writer who captures the angst of being out and the sorrow of being stuck in. The only one of these little fictions I didn't like was TIAD about a girl who seeks out help from a chat room and ends up falling for one of the other members. It just seemed confusing in the end. I understood what happened, but I didn't enjoy how it was presented.There's not much else to say about this except, if you love GLBT fiction make sure you pick this up.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh this book sounds great! I love reading GLBT books.

    ReplyDelete

Hello readers! I love comments, so please feel free to leave them. I do comment back on every comment I get, though it may take me a couple of days. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...