Friday, June 19, 2009

Review: Why I Let My Hair Grow out by: Maryrose Wood

Where I got it: the library
Rating: 5 stars (highly recommendable)
Cover Rating: 5 stars (the reason why I picked it up very pretty)
Genre: Young Adult Fiction
Publication Date: March 6, 2007
Publisher: Berkley Trade

Why I Let My Hair Grow Out is a great book. Morgan (a girl with a boy's name) has a controlling boyfriend before she chops her hair super short after they break-up. Her parents are worried about her and send her off on a bicycle tour of Ireland. There she meets Colin one of the tour guides. On one of the rides she decides to ditch her partner and falls off her bike and bumps her head. She ends up having a very vivid dream about another magical land. When she comes to Colin is there and tells her she landed on a Fairy bump. Another night she gets drunk and travels back into this other land. She finds out it is a place from long ago and that she is a fairy person and she is destined to help them restore order to their land. I really enjoyed this book. I picked it up because I loved the cover. I thought it was just coming to be your basic teen drama novel, but it was so much better. I really love how this book is a very realistic fantasy if that makes any sense. I like how the Fairy world is separated from Morgan's normal world. This also was a very quick read and the first in a series. I am very excited to read the second one; How I Found the Perfect Dress. This was a delectable out-of-the-ordinary read. I recommend it to anyone who reads for pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello readers! I love comments, so please feel free to leave them. I do comment back on every comment I get, though it may take me a couple of days. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...